Now, with more than half of all internet traffic coming from a mobile device, it is extremely important to have a mobile presence. Statistics show Mobile eCommerce growing rapidly.
Every successful eCommerce website, or any website, You can’t ignore the majority of your potential customers who are using mobile. Statistically much more likely that eCommerce customers will be interacting with your website on Mobile.
As a Business owner, you should look some statistics of 2017.
- In U.S., 125+ Million consumers own smartphones
- More than 50 million U.S. Consumers own tablets
- 62% of smartphone users have made a purchase online using their mobile device in the last 6 months.
- eCommerce dollars now comprise 10% of ALL retail revenue.
- 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside of a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations
- An estimated 10 Billion Mobile Connected Devices are currently in use.
- Mobile apps are in demand to shopping rather than mobile browsers
In a survey, 78% of users said they preferred a mobile application to do various shopping online. They literally hate mobile browsing experience. Experience on a mobile application is much better than web.
Secure checkout process
A mobile app has more secure checkout process than a mobile browser. Customers always looking for their security of Credit cards and Financial data. In-app check out makes user interaction more faithful and easy. Customers never hesitate to do payment through Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Paypal and Samsung pay.
A primary benefit of having application is social engagement. Nowadays, There are lots of tools of deep linking available in the market which make easy social sharing. Social marketing would be a cool feature in your app, wouldn’t it?
Push notifications are a better way to engage customers. Personalized notification based on customer’s interest can only be satisfied with Mobile application. GPS based location notifications, beacon based promotion would be great enrichment to the application.
Better User Experience
The mobile application allows a designer to put best user experience inside an application. Native mobile applications have performed well than responsive web design in the browser. User's perception about the utility usability and desirability of the application can be justified by developing separate designs for iPhone, iPad, Android applications.